Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pogo: The story of the last unicorn.


It was always assumed that I was mythical, even fantasy. The world has changed since my time here on this soiled planet. I remember forest of evergreens and the gentle songs they would sing. I can recall the streams that ran crystal blue. The wild flowers that wanted nothing more then to be appreciated. The mountains with their many changing mood colors, and the way they would grow in anticipation for the falling snow at winter time. A time where seasons lasted as long or as short as you wanted them too. A time when innocence couldn't be lost and death was never final. A time when our earth was the center of the universe. Before science, religion and politics shaped our landscape and brainwashed us with social acceptance. Our primitive thought process was so forlorn to judge the would be wicked and cut down the uniqueness of this world with blinded ignorance.

My mother, My earth, my blood runs through this old planet of mine. In my time here I have seen great destruction and mass genocide based on the fear of the unknown. Mortals who cause the modern day birth pains of my mother are a toxic parade of impatience and weakness. Since the first tribulation when your kind bit the apple that caused death and shame. I have sat back until now, waiting, yearning to set the record straight about my species. I have watched you argue and destroy my Eden based on petty beliefs and religious differences. I have watched as you enslaved your entire race with your monetary system. Fed your spoiled, maggot infested food to the starving Children of this world. I have sat in silence as you napalmed innocent people, launched your waste into the universe and molested & corrupted the would be leaders of the free worlds. I have acted as a free spirit waiting for a time when someone would come forth and speak gently about our shared planet.

I have watched you pawn off the rain forest killings as the work of paper companies and publishing corporations. When you and I both know that land is plowed to create pasture land for livestock so you can fill your gluttonous and impatient appetites. I have seen you destroy creatures for testing hair products and for their fur. I've awaited the day when people would come forward and ask the killings to stop, the earth to stop be denigrated and the flowers to not be removed. I have lived in your filth and bathed in your spilled blood over foolishness. I can watch the tears fill oceans and the bodies stack over the African continent. You are a small minded, self preserving nation of individuals who live life with no acknowledgement for other life forms and you wonder about undiscovered species.

If a birds voice is not heard does it exist? I have watched the bee species diminish into a scarce confused species. Cell phones and your impulsiveness to not sit in silence leads to the confusion of the most important species on this eroded earth. Your need for constant communication because you fear the wrath of what this world would communicate to you. Your lights blazing, music blaring to drown out the cries of your ancestors and the memory of the trees. You fail to acknowledge a world without you in it. You actually feel your species is more advanced than the rest of us, you believe technology is a new endeavor. When nothing has really changed at all, you still need shelter, food, water and clothing. Your species has falsified what living the good life is with your harmful material wants and needs. You take calculated risk to justify peace talks, when the only real peace is found within my Mother.

I have flown over polluted oceans, and watched as you deformed the living seas. You have killed off several species who have never been explored or who had the chance to evolve. You have underestimated the wealth of life you have destroyed and the damages are irreversible. I have descended and have talked to the overfished bounty, the constant digging, prodding and drilling. The inexcusable waste, the packed landfills, the toxic air and the bacteria ridden water supply. I can come to only one conclusion. You have raped my Mother, and abused my heritage. You have fornicated our spirits and souls to fear you, hide from you and not trust you. You have forgotten your promise to the heavens to watch out for us and in turn disobeyed the Gods. Their judgement will be unpredictable and your hearts will cry for mercy and our answer will be NO. Days are coming when this old Planet will have it's just reward.

You contest your responsibilities and rule out prosperous subcultures. You have turned the tide in your favor to misguide the young and mislead the elders. The sages of time have witnessed your acts and will not take pity on your havoc ridden primatial disguises.

What have you done?

What have you caused?

If technology is your answer then you have deepen your debt to passerby's and the fireflies. Long since I stood in my place of solitude and felt completely in-tuned with nature's spirit. Long since I have walked the hillsides and brought good news to the decrypted ancient world. Our planet, my Mother, yearns to let go, to start over. We have become a victimized self-fulfilling prophecy. I can no longer be seen, and nor can my kin. You have awoken the dreamer and crescendoed his sleep with talks of reality and real life. You have made your children forget their invisible friends and made them non-believers. We are now a distant past, worlds away from the days of old. Our stories are no longer told and the hero is lost in words like MYTH, and old wives tales. We do not hear of our serenity or our charitable good tidings. I have become mortal in your eyes. I have fallen from my pedestal you once dreamed me upon.

I am plain, I am normal to your eyes. I no longer can fly or possess magical powers. My dreamer has awoken and he does not sleep. For in sleep the toxicity of the world you defecated becomes his prison. I can no longer break through to him. No longer does his heart yearn for the dreams of a soulmate. I am but a distant vision and a child-book song, sung to deaf ears and a dead past. There is no rectifying, there is no hope for me anymore. I will fade to dust and rejoin the stars. There is no room for me in your crippling, dying world. The stuff of dreams has all but diminished and you will continue to consume until nothing remains. Until the oceans dry up. Until the forests wither, the snow and glaciers melt. Until every commodity is eroded and all resources have been neutralized.

You will wage war on one another because of such times. You will become a deformed subspecies and your minds will shrink because of no nourishment. Your souls will leave your infected bodies and you will feed of your own kind, until you can't remember your true nature. For that nature you abandoned when you chose your free will over your obligations. You will live your last days as if the sun no longer cares to shelter its strength. Your days will be spent in hiding from its powerful radiation filled rays. Sores and tumors will grow upon you for the air becomes a harmful chemical reaction that makes your lungs bleed and your throat close. You lose the ability to produce and you give birth to non-breathing, lifeless entities . Your eyes no longer see clearly because you have blinded them with poor judgement and lustful coveting. Your sense of smell can only sense the decaying bodies you left in your wake. They do not turn to dust, they stay rotten for the bacteria filled air preserves them.

Eventually you pass on and crossover where you will await your judgement and you will wish for death, and it will not come. For eternity you will live with the regret and punishment of your actions upon the living energy resources. You will be haunted with the gravity of your demolition and your destructive aspirations. I will call to you once more and you will ask why? And I will not answer, for in your question you have answered for me. Good Bye wicked world, when the dust settles and air clears we will rebuild our home and will once again roam the many distant lands of my past. With that it mind, remember me, believe in me once more.
I bid you, adieu.

POGO: The Story of the last unicorn





3 comments:

  1. dam man tht was sick, you painted a picture in my head as I was reading, u are a great descriptive writer, tht was amazing and it makes you think, love it man

    Joey Guido

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Joey Guido Thanks man, that means coming from a UM writer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there,

    You commented on globatron.org. Thank you for such a nice comment. I do see some similarities in our writing. Sadness. Deep deep sadness for what is most likely to come of our species.

    I am sorry we both feel this way. Thank you for finding me. I appreciate you sharing your writing. I do see many similarities. What can we do? I don't drive. I don't eat meat. I try to set a good example for my kids. Other than that I am afraid we are helpless. The damage has been done my friend.

    http://www.globatron.org/choken-word/they#comments

    It is nice to know others are out there. I also have www.byronking.com. Keep it real. Keep writing. If you ever have work to share on globatron.org I'd be more than happy to publish it.

    Cheers,
    Byron King

    ReplyDelete