Thursday, December 3, 2009

Almost Goodbye

How do you do it?
How do make me see differently?
How do you drive me? 
How do you do it?

I don't want too, but I have too.
I can't breath around you anymore.
I can't feel my feet, or think around you.
I'm torn by what needs to happen.

I want to stay, but I can't.
I want to fall in love with you.
I want to watch you sleep, and make you smile.
But I can't fulfill the promise you told yourself.
You'll never see me as you once saw them.

I am not a void filler, I am not just a season.
I am a man curse to fall fast and true in every aspect.
I could fly to the moon and back again.
I'm not a goal setter, I'm a goal acheiver.
I know to much to hold on to not enough.

Spirit driver, soul maker, heart breaker.
You with simple words, deep speech.
An earthly angel, that hears 
music not just listens to it.

No need to runaway, for I'm walking away.
My season with you is at it's end.
I take with me more then I ever need.
I have pictures and memories that are all good.

I can't suffer another drifting soul mate.
I can't watch as my world falls with broken words.
You always got me, you could always see through me.
Did you see this? Deep down you hinted. Deep down
I knew you were just to good to be forever. 

If they bottled you, it would be called
Love's last breath, need only take a wift
and be healed. Be cured from your insecurities.
Thank you.  

I know this seems sad, and devastating.
I know this comes from left field.
I know you feel for me. I know you can't let go.
Too a past you wish you still had.

They say we can't choose who we fall in love with.
Well I did, and the days, hours and moments spent together.
I will cherrish forever, but I know this was coming and it breaks my 
heart to do this but, some how you will overcome.
You always will. You will always be for me.
Thank you for just being. I love you, forever.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment